We’re looking for innovative projects that demonstrate a real, tangible, lasting impact in your local communities and will resonate with people outside the sector. There are awards in four different categories. Please enter your project using the appropriate category below:
This award recognises housing associations’ contribution to reinvigorating the area they serve and involving residents in making better neighbourhoods. Projects may cover issues such as:
- tackling antisocial behaviour
- changing negative perceptions of a community
- involving and supporting residents to improve their local area
- revamping physical spaces.
This award recognises work that makes a difference to the environment, focusing on green space, biodiversity, waste reduction and efficient use of resources. Projects may cover issues such as:
- ensuring good quality landscape and greenspace become an integral part of residents’ lives
- supporting residents to reduce waste and make the best use of resources
- tackling fuel poverty in homes or working to improve energy efficiency of properties
- increased use of renewable energy.
Health and wellbeing
This award recognises housing associations’ contribution to tackling health inequalities, promoting independence, improving health and wellbeing and working closely with health and social care services. Projects may cover issues such as:
- helping older or disabled residents regain their independence
- reducing social isolation of residents
- addressing food poverty and encouraging healthy living among residents
- working with partners to improve residents’ health or social care.
Investing in people
This award recognises the importance of housing associations’ efforts to tackle unemployment and promote financial inclusion. Projects may cover issues such as:
- supporting residents to find work
- providing opportunities for residents to gain vital skills
- helping young residents to unlock their potential
- promoting and supporting digital inclusion.
The awards are online only. Shortlisted organisations will be announced later in the year, in time for the public to be able to vote for their favourite projects in each category during Community Impact Week, from 6 – 12 November.
Please read our guidance notes before you submit your entry.